This Sunday we considered the opening verses of Hebrews 13,
Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Here are eight practical things you can do to practice hospitality:
- Pray and begin inviting people into your life. Meet for coffee, share a meal!
- If you find God beginning to be present, invite them to your spiritual home. Bring them to church!
- Start to invite one another to lunch after church!
- Host a small group!
- Support our church suppers!
- Volunteer in the food pantry!
- Volunteer to be an usher – on behalf of Holy Trinity you are welcoming people every week!
- Pass the peace like you mean it. Engage your brothers and sisters in Christ knowing he has chosen you for one another.