Prayers of the People
The following prayers will be used during the Prayers of the People this coming Sunday. Continue to offer these petitions throughout the coming week. If you would like to add a petition to our prayers for those who suffer and those in any trouble, please send it along to email@example.com.
If you would like to add a petition to our prayers for those who suffer and those in any trouble, please send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pray for the Church, its members, and its mission
For Church of the Holy Trinity: In your desire to use the Church for your purposes in this world, bless our prayers for discernment and wisdom; reveal how you are calling us to serve our neighbors and make disciples. In all seasons, grant this church the grace of your presence, that we may ever be glad of heart, strong of faith, and effective in our calling to proclaim Christ in Word, Sacrament, and Deed.
Pray for our Nation and those in authority
For healing for our nation: O God, you have bound the people of this land together in a common life. As we seek to love you and our neighbors, help us, we pray, to put away personal prejudice and fear, to take on forbearance and respect, and to show forth your love and patience to all.
Pray for the welfare of the world
For those places in the world enduring war and strife: Eternal God, in whose perfect kingdom no sword is drawn but the sword of righteousness, no strength known but the strength of love: Spread abroad your Spirit, that all peoples may be gathered under the banner of our Lord who is the Prince of Peace.
Pray for the concerns of the local community
For Marriages: Lord, even as you have brought men and women in this community together through the bonds of holy matrimony, continue to enrich them by your grace, increase their capacity to love you and one another, where there is resentment, bring forgiveness, where there is hardness of heart, bring tenderness, where there is despair, bring hope, all for your glory in this world and in the Church.
For the growth and expansion of ministry to children: Father of all provisions, provide for the needs of our ministry to children and families as we seek to grow in faithful response to your call to teach our children to love and know you; bless those who lead and those who serve, and grant the grace that all of our children may come to faith in you at an early age.
Pray for those who suffer and those in any trouble
- Zella Yoder, Kelly Butler’s grandmother; for peace, mercy, and for faith to hope in Christ.
- Brian Tobin in hospice care; for effective pain management, for mercy, and peace.
- David and Tosha Smith as they grieve the passing of Tosha’s biological mother; for peace and comfort.
- Mark Robinson; for continued recovery, encouragement, and strength.
- The family of Claire Hughes; for comfort, rest, and peace.
- Mason Meacham; for encouragement, good health, and consistent supports for his family.
- Jennifer Hawkins uncle Nathan, near end of life; for peace and a perfect end.
- The family of Firas Barakat, a friend of the Bonners, who has family travelling to and living in Syria; for safety and protection for parents, grandparents, and extended family, also for renewed faith in Christ.
- Lora and Ronald, Carrie Waffa’s parents; for their health and for strength for Ted and Carrie as they care for them.
- Billy McClintic, Allison Martin's brother; for provision for health care and recovery from serious illness.
- Kathy Salmon's mother Helma, suffering with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Luke in Australia, son of Owen Moss's niece; for deliverance from addictions.
- Ben Boyd; for mercy.
- For those whose suffering is known only to God.
Pray thanksgivings for the blessings of this life
For the musicians who lead us in worship each Lord’s Day: O God, whom saints and angels delight to worship in heaven: Be ever present with your servants who seek through art and music to perfect the praises offered by your people on earth; and grant to them even now glimpses of your beauty, and make them worthy at length to behold it unveiled for evermore.
Give thanks for the lives of those who have faithfully followed Christ in every age
Sts Peter and Paul, Apostles (remembered on Thursday, June, 29th): Almighty God, whose blessed apostles Peter and Paul glorified you by their martyrdom: Grant that your Church, instructed by their teaching and example, and knit together in unity by your Spirit, may ever stand firm upon the one foundation, which is Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.